GOVERNORS and ENGINE THROTTLES OVERVIEW
Fire Research Corporation manufactures several pressure governors, generator governors, and remote throttles with multiple combinations of displays for use where remote engine control and monitoring is needed.
Governors Provide Flexibility with Over 50 Programmable Options.
There are four levels of programming:
- Factory Default - Meets all standard NFPA recommendations.
- Manufacturer/Body Builder - Match the governor to engine type, transmission, pump, and specific vehicle requirements.
- Dealer/Service Center - Allows for adjusting vehicle related parameters, calibrations, warning and alarm values.
- Field Settings - Access to date and time, presets, calibration points, and operator functions as needed.
(Software programs are password protected.)
Programming is simple to change with clear, easy to follow instructions. It allows FRC governors to meet your exact requirements and needs.
- The Traditional PRO governor with the latest Technology. Fire Research has designed the next generation of PRO pressure governor, the PRO-T. The PRO-T was designed to provide customers familiar and trained on either the PRO or PRO-S, a pressure governor that they know and trust, with the addition of the latest FRC technology and safety.
Fire Research remains committed to designing quality, state-of-art products for the fire and emergency service industry. This is evident with the release of our newest pressure governor system the Total Control. The Total Control is a complete pressure governor, engine monitor and master pressure display all built into a single panel mount display.
The PumpBoss pressure governor combines full engine status displays
including check and stop engine indicators, RPM, oil pressure, temperature, and battery voltage
while providing control in both pressure and RPM modes of operation.
The PumpBoss 200
series retains the configuration of the original PumpBoss with the use
of a single 300 PSI pressure sensor for monitoring and maintaining discharge pump pressure.
The PumpBoss 400
series uses two 600 PSI pressure sensors; one for pump discharge and one
for pump intake to provide improved defense against pump cavitations.
The InControl 300
series uses push buttons to adjust pressure and RPM settings.
The InControl 400
series uses the FRC hand throttle style control knob to adjust pressure and RPM settings.
The two new INControl pressure governors use the J1939 CAN bus
for engine information and control.
The ThrottleXcel integrates a next generation remote engine throttle with a display and monitoring system.
It combines a built-in Infinity remote hand throttle, large RPM display, color coded LED displays for engine oil, engine coolant temperature, transmission temperature, and battery voltage, and provides audible and visual warnings in real time. RPM adjustments are made by turning the large control knob.
The Infinity remote engine throttle uses optical technology with a two channel infrared encoder
to determine the position and direction of movement of the throttle control knob.
The heavy-duty throttle control knob has no mechanical components to wear out and is easy to operate with a gloved hand.
The Infinity is the next generation of remote engine throttles.
This FROG (Frequency Regulation of Generator) governor will regulate the output frequency of PTO driven generators.
It provides a constant display of generator frequency (hertz), voltage (volts), and the current flow (amps) on two lines.
It has a built-in generator hour meter, over speed protection, and internal safety interlock.