NOW FROM FRC
Products and Accessories
Read Press Release
- Kris Rivers on NFPA releases new Apparatus Maintenance and Testing Standard
- Hilly Munson on The Good Old Days (what was so good about them?)
- Peggie L., Baker (Mrs. Lewis) on The Good Old Days (what was so good about them?)
- admin on Did SANDY affect FRC?
- Frank Neylon on Did SANDY affect FRC?
Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals
Interactive Manuals IETMs (Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals) are available for many FRC products. An IETM is a program which can be used to familiarize a user with a control device. Many people find that an interactive, “hands on” experience gives them a better understanding of how they may actually use a product. Using the IETM, a user interacts with the program using the computer mouse in response to various audible and visual on-screen prompts in order to learn how the device functions “by doing”. This is a fantastic way to learn, but please note:
The IETM is not a replacement for the standard product manual.
In addition to the standard product interactives, FRC has also included two general overview programs for midship and PTO pump operation which may be of use to our customers as a training aid. Even if you aren’t interested in FRC products, you might find these sections of interest.
If you have an older copy of the IETM, please note that it has been updated for 2011, and now begins with a video introduction to FRC’s LED Lighting products. The interactive scenario wherein you are first due and using the mouse, you control the action on the pump panel to provide water to the attack team can still be accessed from the main menu. If you haven’t tried to run through an IETM yet, the overview can give you a good idea of what they’re like.
- Adds Total Control IETM for 2011v2
- Replaced overview of governor operation with LED Lighting video at open for 2011v2
- FRC Lighting video added for 2010
- LED Lighting catalog added for 2010
2011 v02 IETM Menu
If you would like to use the IETM as a training tool, it is also available on CD (for Microsoft Windows only) to FDs and authorized dealers. Fill out the form on the contact FRC page to request one.